Grease (1978) review Imdb
- Good girl Sandy Olsson and greaser Danny Zuko fell in love over the summer time. When they all of sudden discover they’re now in the same excessive school, will they be able to re-light their romance?
- A musical approximately teenagers in love in the 1950s. It’s California 1958 and greaser Danny Zuko (John Travolta) and Australian Sandy Olsson (Olivia Newton-John) are in love. They spend time at the beach, and when they go again to highschool, what neither of them knows is they both now attend Rydell High. Danny’s the leader of the T-Birds, a group of black leather jacket-wearing greasers while Sandy hangs with the Pink Ladies, a collection of pink-carrying ladies led by Rizzo (Stockard Channing). When they clash at Rydell’s first pep rally, Danny isn’t the identical Danny from the seashore. They try to be like each other so that they can be collectively.
- With the solar-kissed summer time of 1958 nearing its stop, Danny, a sweet American boy, and Sandy, a straight-laced Aussie lady, change vows of everlasting devotion and component ways, seemingly for all time. However, an surprising change of plans reunites the younger dreamers at the bustling Rydell High for the brand new time period; simplest, this yr, some thing has modified. As once-lovely Danny turns into the cocky leader of the riotous T-Birds greaser gang, having no choice but to maintain his hard-earned recognition in the front of his buddies and classmates, not anything can put together him for 2d first impressions. Because The Pink Ladies, Rydell’s excessive-spirited all-girl band of lipstick rebels, have deliberate a large surprise for the leather-based-clad Casanova. Is a thorough transformation the simplest way to win Danny again?
- During a go to to America, Australian Sandy Olsson (Olivia Newton-John) meets Danny Zuko (John Travolta) on the beach and falls in love. She is heartbroken while summer time ends and she has to return home and their closing kiss at the seashore is a totally emotional one. But destiny lends a hand – her mother and father determine to stay in America and she reveals herself attending the equal faculty as Danny. But Danny at college is different from Danny at the seashore. He is the chief of the T-Birds, a black leather-based-clad gang, and has a reputation to hold up. He can’t be visible to fall in love with just one chick. Sandy is disappointed and seeks solace with some new buddies she has made – a women’ club referred to as “The Pink Ladies”. But her prim and proper virginal ways do no longer in shape in and she quickly unearths herself nearly alone. A change need to be made. Does she attempt to get her man through turning him into a jock? Or ought to she get rid of her “Sandra Dee” picture?
- Sandy Olsson (Olivia Newton-John) is a goody two-shoes from Australia, Danny Zuko (John Travolta) is the head T-Bird from Rydell High School. However, when the 2 join up all through the summer, they fall in love. But whilst the summer time ends, the two assume they’ll by no means see each different once more. However, they are each wrong, Sandy and her dad and mom have moved to America and she is now attending Danny’s college. When the two discover that they attend the equal school, there is a lot of dialogue over whether they are able to still be collectively considering that it is uncool for Danny to be in love with a “goody goody” like Sandy. However, the 2, towards all odds, manage to stay collectively. Then graduation comes and Sandy is set to exchange in a manner no one predicted.
- Danny Zuko (John Travolta), leader of the greaser gang “T-Birds” of Rydell High, falls in love with a goody-two-shoes girl named Sandy Olsson (Olivia Newton-John) over the summer season. They notion she’d be leaving and could in no way see each other again however, to their success, she starts to wait Rydell High School. She is without delay usual into the organization “Pink Ladies” and soon Danny and he or she are reacquainted. Danny appeared to have modified, but, in the hopes of prevailing Sandy back, he modifications into the loving, jock Danny Zuko that Sandy met throughout the summer, completely..
The synopsis below may additionally provide away essential plot points.Synopsis
- In 1958, in the course of their summer season excursion, Danny Zuko (John Travolta) and Sandy Olsson (Olivia Newton-John) meet at a beach. Scenes from their holiday are shown, but then the summer season ends, and Sandy and Danny say their closing top-byes. Danny appears to no longer want to let Sandy go, however Sandy is because of return to Australia. She is disappointed, questioning that this is the stop of their romance and that they will by no means see each other once more. Danny tries to comfort her with the aid of telling her that “it’s now not the quit, it’s just the beginning”.However, Sandy’s own family has a alternate of plans and does now not go back to Australia, but Danny is blind to this. Sandy enrolls at Rydell High School as a overseas-change student, wherein Danny is a scholar, as is Sandy’s new pal Frenchy (Didi Conn), a member of the schoolgirl clique “The Pink Ladies.”Danny is the leader of the lads’ gang, “The T-Birds.” Kenickie, second-in-command of the T-Birds, encourages Danny to tell them what he did over the summer time, even as the Pink Ladies likewise convince Sandy. Through “Summer Nights” Sandy and Danny describe their vacation, and it is made clean that Danny is exaggerating; on the time, however, neither is aware about the other’s presence at the faculty.
Encouraged with the aid of the preppy college spirit woman, Patty Simcox (Susan Buckner), Sandy joins the Rydell cheerleaders. The Pink Ladies decide to reunite Danny and Sandy, but Danny wants to guard his cool image, and his conduct closer to Sandy causes her to storm off in tears. Danny stares after her for a moment, but then speedy turns again into a fab man and is going off along with his buddies.
Frenchy tries to cheer Sandy up via inviting her to a sleepover at her residence with the rest of the group; Sandy comes along, but Rizzo quickly gets fed up with Sandy’s goody-two-shoes behavior: Sandy chokes because of the smoke from a cigarette, can’t stand the flavor of wine, and is horrified on the concept of getting her ears pierced and saying that her mother and father wouldn’t be glad about it. Frenchy insists and takes her into the rest room to pierce her ears, but Sandy unexpectedly falls ill and vomits at the first sight of blood. Frenchy proclaims to Jan (Jamie Donnelly) and Marty (Dinah Manoff) that she is dropping out of Rydell and going to splendor college, which she calls a totally strategic career move. Rizzo (Stockard Channing) has had enough and lampoons Sandy, and even Frenchy joins in, singing the sarcastic “Look at Me, I’m Sandra Dee.”
The T-Birds arrive out of doors Frenchy’s house. Rizzo leaves the sleepover and he or she and Kenickie (Jeff Conaway) flirt, then Kenickie invitations her into the car, and dumps the opposite T-Birds. Danny leaves of his own accord whilst Rizzo and Kenickie force off collectively and the alternative T-Birds pass for pizza. Marty, the flirtatious member of The Pink Ladies, decides to jot down to one in every of her (severa) pen pals, whilst Sandy is going outside, and makes a decision that during spite of the whole lot, she nevertheless loves Danny, making a song “Hopelessly Devoted to You”, (a poignant love music that become introduced for the movie and become a large hit as a unmarried.)
The scene shifts to Rizzo and Kenickie making out passionately within the again seat of his new vehicle. They plan to take matters a step in addition, however Kenickie’s condom breaks. Rizzo, however, is unable to face up to Kenickie, and that they determine to have intercourse besides. They are quickly interrupted by means of Leo (Dennis Cleveland Stewart), chief of rival gang The Scorpions, who damages Kenickie’s vehicle.
While at paintings repairing the automobile, the T-Birds fantasize approximately what it’s going to appear like whilst it has had a paint activity, singing “Greased Lightning”. Soon Danny receives the alternative T-Birds satisfied that the rickety antique automobile should definitely be a “important piece of equipment”. Later, Danny meets Sandy on the Frosty Palace, and attempts to apologize for his movements. He sees that Sandy is sharing a soda with Tom Chisum (Lorenzo Lamas), a jock, and makes a decision that if that’s the kind of man she likes, he’s going to enroll in the jocks to electrify her.
We subsequent see Danny’s disastrous performances in basketball, wrestling, and baseball, in which he keeps losing his temper. He ultimately unearths his perfect recreation in going for walks, till the sight of Sandy distracts him, and he falls. Sandy leaves Tom Chisum to look if Danny is all right, and they may be seemingly reconciled.