ouse of the Dragon is an American fantasy drama tv series that could be a prequel
House of the Dragon is an American fantasy drama tv series that could be a prequel to the television series Game of Thrones (2011–2019), each primarily based at the A Song of Ice and Fire books via George R. R. Martin. The prequel collection become created by Martin and Ryan J. Condal for HBO and is primarily based on portions of Martin’s 2018 novel Fire & Blood. Condal and Miguel Sapochnik are showrunners for House of the Dragon. Set two hundred years earlier than the activities of Game of Thrones, the collection chronicles the beginning of the end of House Targaryen, the activities leading up to and covering the Targaryen conflict of succession, called the “Dance of the Dragons”.
House of the Dragon acquired a instantly-to-collection order in October 2019 with casting starting in July 2020 and primary photography beginning in April 2021 within the United Kingdom. The collection is scheduled to optimum on August 21, 2022. Its first season will consist of ten episodes.Cast and charactersStarring
Read More : The Greatest Beer Run Ever Is An Upcoming American Biographical Action Comedy Movie
- Paddy Considine as King Viserys I Targaryen: The 5th king of the Seven Kingdoms. Known as “a heat, type, and respectable man”, Viserys become selected by means of a council of lords to prevail his grandfather, Jaehaerys I Targaryen, as king.[three]
- Emma D’Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen: King Viserys’s firstborn toddler. She is a dragonrider who expects to end up the Seven Kingdoms’ first queen regnant.[three]
- Milly Alcock portrays younger Rhaenyra Targaryen.
- Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen: The inheritor presumptive to the Iron Throne, he is the younger brother of King Viserys, grandson to King Jaehaerys, and the uncle of Princess Rhaenyra. He is likewise an unmatched warrior and an experienced dragonrider.[three]
- Olivia Cooke as Lady Alicent Hightower: The daughter of Ser Otto Hightower, raised in the Red Keep and part of the king’s inner circle. Known as the most comely lady within the Seven Kingdoms.[three]
- Emily Carey portrays younger Alicent Hightower.[three]
- Steve Toussaint as Lord Corlys Velaryon: Known because the “Sea Snake”, he’s the top of House Velaryon and the most famous seafarer in Westerosi records.[three]
- Eve Best as Princess Rhaenys Targaryen: A dragonrider and spouse of Lord Corlys. Known because the “Queen Who Never Was,” she become once a candidate to be triumphant her grandfather, King Jaehaerys, as ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, however turned into exceeded over in want of her cousin Viserys.[three]
- Fabien Frankel as Ser Criston Cole: A professional swordsman from the Dornish Marches, he’s the not unusual-born son of the steward to the Lord of Blackhaven.[three]
- Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria: A foreign-born dancer who rose to turn out to be Prince Daemon’s most depended on ally.
- Rhys Ifans as Ser Otto Hightower: Alicent’s father, the Hand of the King, who serves King Viserys and the realm. He is a bitter political rival of Prince Daemon.[three]
- Bethany Antonia as Lady Baela Targaryen: The eldest daughter of Laena Velaryon. She is a dragonrider whose mount is the young dragon Moondancer.[four]
- Nanna Blondell as Lady Laena Velaryon: Daughter of Corlys Velaryon and Rhaenys Targaryen.[five]
- Savannah Steyn portrays younger Laena Velaryon.[four]
- Nova Foueillis-Mose portrays infant Laena Velaryon.
- Sian Brooke as Aemma Arryn: the queen consort and spouse of King Viserys Targaryen.
- Phoebe Campbell as Lady Rhaena Targaryen: The younger daughter of Laena Velaryon.[four]
- Harry Collett as Prince Jacaerys Velaryon: Princess Rhaenyra’s first-born son.
- Leo Hart portrays younger Jacaerys Velaryon.
- Ryan Corr as Ser Harwin Strong: The eldest son to Master of Laws Lyonel Strong and heir to Harrenhal. Known as “Breakbones”, he’s said to be the most powerful guy in the Seven Kingdoms.
- Anthony Flanagan as Ser Steffon Darklyn: member of the Kingsguard.
- Tom Glynn-Carney as Prince Aegon Targaryen: The first-born son of King Viserys.
- Jefferson Hall as Lord Jason Lannister/Ser Tyland Lannister: Jason is the Lord of Casterly Rock, and his identical dual Tyland is a cunning politician.
- David Horovitch as Grand Maester Mellos: A trusted advisor to King Viserys.[three]
- Wil Johnson as Ser Vaemond Velaryon: Younger brother to Lord Corlys Velaryon and commander in the Velaryon military.[five]
- John Macmillan as Ser Laenor Velaryon: Son of Princess Rhaenys and Lord Corlys Velaryon.[five]
- Theo Nate portrays younger Laenor Velaryon.[five]
- Graham McTavish as Ser Harrold Westerling: Current Lord Commander of the Kingsguard who has served considering the fact that King Jaehaerys, he changed into as soon as a powerful knight. He is tasked with watching over and protective Princess Rhaenyra.
- Ewan Mitchell as Prince Aemond Targaryen: The 2d son of King Viserys, nephew to Prince Daemon, and half of-brother to Princess Rhaenyra.[four]
- Leo Ashton portrays young Aemond Targaryen.[four]
- Matthew Needham as Larys Strong: The more youthful son of Master of Laws Lyonel Strong.
- Bill Paterson as Lord Lyman Beesbury: Lord of Honeyholt and Master of Coin on King Viserys’ small council.[three]
- Phia Saban as Princess Helaena Targaryen: The 2nd-born daughter of King Viserys, sister to princes Aegon and Aemond, 1/2-sister to Princess Rhaenyra.[four]
- Evie Allen portrays younger Helaena Targaryen.[four]
- Gavin Spokes as Lord Lyonel Strong: Master of Laws to King Viserys and Lord of Harrenhal.
- Garry Cooper as Ser Ryam Redwyne: Lord Commander of the Kingsguard underneath Jaehaerys I Targaryen.[four]
- Phil Daniels as Maester Gerardys: one of the Maesters of the Citadel.
- Kurt Egyiawan as Maester Orwyle: one of the Maesters of the Citadel.[four]
- Roger Evans as Ser Borros Baratheon: son of Lord Boremund Baratheon.
- Elliot Grihault as Prince Lucerys Velaryon: Princess Rhaenyra’s 2d-born son.
- Harvey Sadler portrays young Lucerys Velaryon.[four]
- Julian Lewis Jones as Boremund Baratheon: the Lord of Storm’s End and head of House Baratheon early inside the reign of King Viserys I Targaryen. He is also the uncle of Rhaenys Targaryen on her mother’s side.[four]
- Paul Kennedy as Jasper Wylde: referred to as “Ironrod”, is the Lord of the Rain House and Head of House Wylde.
- Solly McLeod as Ser Joffrey Lonmouth: Knight of House Lonmouth, and the sweetheart to Laenor Velaryon.
- Steffan Rhodri as Hobert Hightower: The head of House Hightower and ruler of Oldtown. He is the older brother of Ser Otto Hightower.[four]
- Luke Tittensor as Ser Arryk Cargyll: Member of the Kingsguard of King Viserys I Targaryen, in addition to the dual of Ser Erryk Cargyll.[four]
- Elliott Tittensor as Ser Erryk Cargyll: Member of the Kingsguard of King Viserys I Targaryen, in addition to the dual of Ser Arryk Cargyll.
In November 2018, George R. R. Martin, writer of A Song of Ice and Fire, said that a “potential spin-off collection might be solidly primarily based on material in Fire & Blood.” By September 2019, a Game of Thrones prequel collection from Martin and Ryan J. Condal that “tracks the start of the end for House Targaryen” was near receiving a pilot order from HBO.[eleven] The following month, House of the Dragon, that is primarily based on Martin’s e book Fire & Blood, become given a immediately-to-series order. Condal and Miguel Sapochnik, who won an Emmy Award for steering the episode “Battle of the Bastards”, were selected to serve as showrunners. Sapochnik was additionally hired to direct the collection most excellent as well as extra episodes.[eight] The collection takes place 200 years before the activities of Game of Thrones throughout the reign of King Viserys I Targaryen, ultimately leading to the Targaryen civil struggle called the Dance of the Dragons. The assignment is a remodeling of the rejected spin-off idea from Game of Thrones writer Bryan Cogman, on which HBO formally handed.Writing
In January 2020, Casey Bloys, HBO’s President of Programming, said that writing technique had started and guessed that the series could surest in 2022.Casting