Twilight (2008 Movie) – Wikipedia
Twilight is a 2008 American romantic delusion film based on Stephenie Meyer’s 2005 novel of the equal call. Directed through Catherine Hardwicke, the movie stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. It is the primary film in The Twilight Saga film collection. This movie makes a speciality of the improvement of the connection between Bella Swan (a teenage woman) and Edward Cullen (a vampire), and the following efforts of Edward and his family to preserve Bella secure from a coven of evil vampires.
The venture become in development for about 3 years at Paramount Pictures, in the course of which time a display screen version that differed appreciably from the novel became written. Summit Entertainment obtained the rights to the unconventional after three years of the project’s stagnant development. Melissa Rosenberg wrote a new adaptation of the radical shortly earlier than the 2007–2008 Writers Guild of America strike and sought to be devoted to the novel’s storyline. Principal photography took 44 days and become completed on May 2, 2008; the film changed into mostly shot in Oregon.
Read Also : The Emoji Film 2: The Virtual Part
Twilight turned into theatrically released on November 21, 2008; it grossed over US$407 million global, in spite of receiving blended evaluations from critics. It was released on DVD March 21, 2009 and have become the most bought DVD of the yr. The soundtrack changed into released on November four, 2008. Following the movie’s achievement, New Moon and Eclipse, the subsequent novels inside the series, have been produced as films the following 12 months.Plot
Seventeen-year-vintage Bella Swan, leaves Phoenix, Arizona and actions to Forks, a small town positioned on Washington country’s Olympic Peninsula, to stay together with her father, Charlie, the town’s police chief. Her mom, Renée, is remarried to Phil, a minor league baseball participant whose career often maintains them on the road.
Bella becomes re-acquainted with Jacob Black, a Native American youngster who lives along with his father, Billy, on the Quileute Indian Reservation near Forks. She makes friends at her new excessive college, but unearths the mysterious and aloof Cullen siblings specifically interesting. Bella is seated next to Edward Cullen in biology magnificence on her first day, but he seems repulsed with the aid of her. After every week’s absence from college, Edward returns and socializes typically with Bella. A few days later, she is almost struck by means of a skidding van inside the school parking zone. Edward immediately covers a distance of over thirty toes, placing himself among Bella and the van, preventing it with handiest his hand. He finally refuses to explain his movements to her, warning her in opposition to befriending him. Jacob tells Bella about a long-standing animosity between the Cullens and the Quileutes, and says the Cullens aren’t allowed at the reservation.
After plenty research, Bella concludes that Edward has mysterious powers that resemble a vampire’s. He ultimately confirms this, however says that he and the opposite Cullens best eat animal blood. They fall in love, and Edward introduces Bella to his vampire family. Carlisle Cullen, the own family patriarch, is a physician at the Forks sanatorium. Esme is Carlisle’s spouse and the family matriarch. Alice, Jasper, Emmett, and Rosalie are their informally-followed youngsters. The own family’s reaction to Bella is mixed, concerned that the family’s secret can be exposed.
Edward and Bella’s relationship is jeopardized when 3 nomadic vampires—James, Victoria, and Laurent—arrive within the Forks region, and are chargeable for a chain of deaths being investigated as animal assaults. James, a tracker vampire with outstanding searching instincts, is excited through Bella’s heady scent and will become passionate about searching her for recreation. Edward and the alternative Cullens guard Bella, but James tracks her to Phoenix, in which she is hiding with Jasper and Alice.
James lures Bella right into a trap at an antique ballet studio. He attacks her, infecting her with vampire venom. Edward arrives and, after a ferocious battle, subdues James just as other Cullens arrive. Alice, Emmett, and Jasper kill James, decapitating and burning him, as Edward gets rid of the venom from Bella’s wrist, preventing her turning into a vampire. In the aftermath, she has suffered a broken leg and is hospitalized. Upon returning to Forks, Edward accompanies Bella to the high faculty promenade, where he refuses her request to convert her into a vampire. They are unaware that James’ mate, Victoria, is secretly looking them, plotting revenge for her lover’s dying.Cast
- Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan, a seventeen-year-vintage lady who movements to the small city of Forks, Washington from Phoenix, Arizona and falls in love with Edward Cullen, a vampire. Her life is endangered after James, a sadistic vampire, comes to a decision to seek her.[eleven]
- Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen, a 108-year-old vampire who become modified in 1918 and nonetheless appears to be seventeen. He is Bella’s love hobby and sooner or later falls in love along with her. He has the ability to read minds, except for Bella’s, along side superhuman speed.
- Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen, a compassionate three hundred-plus-12 months-antique vampire who looks to be in his early 30s. He serves as the metropolis’s health practitioner and is the Cullen circle of relatives patriarch.[thirteen]
- Elizabeth Reaser as Esme Cullen, Carlisle’s vampire spouse and the matriarch of the Cullen own family.
- Ashley Greene as Alice Cullen, Jasper Hale’s mate, a vampire who can see the future based totally on choices that people make.
- Kellan Lutz as Emmett Cullen, bodily the strongest vampire of the family.
- Nikki Reed as Rosalie Hale, Emmett Cullen’s mate, a vampire defined because the most beautiful character within the international. She is antagonistic in the direction of Bella throughout the film, involved that Edward’s dating with a human puts their clan at risk.
- Jackson Rathbone as Jasper Hale, a Cullen member of the family who can manage emotions. He is the most up-to-date member of the Cullen circle of relatives, and consequently has the maximum problem preserving their “vegetarian” weight loss program of feeding handiest on animal rather than human blood.
- Billy Burke as Charlie Swan, Bella’s father and Forks’ Chief of Police.
- Cam Gigandet as James Witherdale, the leader of a group of nomadic vampires that intends to kill Bella. He is Victoria’s mate and a gifted tracker, because of his remarkable senses.
- Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria Sutherland, James’ mate who assists him in searching Bella.
- Edi Gathegi as Laurent Da Revin, the maximum civilized member of James’ coven.
- Sarah Clarke as Renée Dwyer, Bella’s mother who lives in Arizona together with her new husband, Phil.
- Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black, an old adolescence pal of Bella and a member of the Quileute tribe.
- Christian Serratos as Angela Weber, one in all Bella’s new buddies in Forks.[sixteen]
- Michael Welch as Mike Newton, considered one of Bella’s new friends who vies for her interest.[eight]
- Anna Kendrick as Jessica Stanley, Bella’s first pal in Forks.[eleven]
- Gregory Tyree Boyce as Tyler Crowley, another one of Bella’s classmates, additionally vying for Bella’s interest. He nearly hits Bella along with his van.
- Justin Chon as Eric Yorkie, another one among Bella’s classmates who vies for her interest.
- Solomon Trimble as Sam Uley. Solomon Trimble became credited as “Jacob’s pal” inside the movie, but was extensively diagnosed as playing the a part of Sam.
- Krys Hyatt as Embry Call. He become diagnosed as gambling the part of Embry within the Twilight film, although his position turned into uncredited.
- Gil Birmingham as Billy Black
- Matt Bushell as Phil Dwyer
- José Zúñiga as Mr. Molina
- Ned Bellamy as Waylon Forge
- Ayanna Berkshire as Cora
- Katie Powers as Waitress
- Trish Egan as Ms. Cope
Stephenie Meyer’s paranormal romance novel Twilight was at first optioned through Paramount Pictures’ MTV Films in April 2006, but the screenplay that turned into sooner or later developed turned into considerably distinctive from its source cloth. When Summit Entertainment reinvented itself as a complete-carrier studio in April 2007, it started out development of a movie adaptation anew, having picked up the rights from Paramount (who coincidentally had made an unrelated film with the equal title in 1998) in a turnaround. The corporation perceived the movie as an possibility to release a franchise based totally at the fulfillment of Meyer’s e-book and its sequels. Catherine Hardwicke was hired to direct the movie and Melissa Rosenberg became hired to put in writing the script in mid-2007.